When it comes to bathroom design, no other material can match the elegance of marble. Marble has been a symbol of luxury and elegance for centuries; making it a timeless classic. With its naturally occurring colors, veining and patterns, marble can elevate your bathroom design into the next level. Let’s take a closer look at the beauty and elegance of marble bathrooms, exploring their various benefits.
Why Choose a Marble Bathroom: Timeless Beauty of Natural Stone
As a material renowned for its timeless elegance, marble is a great choice to build your dream bathroom areas. Marble not only offers beautiful aesthetics, but also has various other benefits as well. Here’s a list of the amazing features of marble bathrooms.
- Elegance & Beauty: Marble has been the popular choice for bathrooms for centuries. From ancient Roman baths to contemporary spas, marble is a symbol of elegance and beauty. The subtle colors, intricate veining and unique patterns of marble will infuse your bathroom areas with a sense of luxury and grandeur.
- Durability & Resilience: Beyond its stunning beauty, marble bathrooms can withstand the daily wear and tear with ease. Sure, marble isn’t as hard as granite or quartzite. However, you can easily find marble bathrooms from centuries ago. The key is proper maintenance. When properly sealed and maintained, a marble bathroom will be able to withstand even the highest-traffic.
- Versatility & Options: Since marble is a softer stone, it is easier to work with. This comes in handy especially when you want to build marble bathrooms. Whether used as flooring, countertops or even marble walls; marble will definitely create a visually pleasing atmosphere for your bathroom areas. With its wide range of colors, veining and patterns; marble is definitely the best option to build your dream bathroom design.
- Ease of Maintenance: You may have heard that the maintenance of marble is hard. However, that is not completely true. With regular sealing and simple cleaning routines, you will be able to keep your marble surfaces looking at their best. Using gentle cleaners along with water is enough to clean them. Remember to avoid acidic cleaners since they can cause etching on your marble surfaces.
- Eco Friendly: Marble is a natural stone that is also sustainable. Since it’s a softer stone, the manufacturing process doesn’t leave a high carbon footprint as other materials. Also, no harmful chemicals are used during their manufacturing process, making it a eco-friendly option once again.
- Investment & Value: With its ability to stand the test of time, marble bathrooms should be considered as permanent investments for your home. They also serve as a compelling point for potential homebuyers. Interior design trends point towards getting marble bathrooms for various reasons and their ability to increase the value of your home is one of them. Thanks to its timeless appeal, marble will remain as a desirable feature that adds elegance and allure to your home.
Maintaining Your Marble Bathroom: Cleaning and Care Tips
Before delving into maintenance and cleaning of marble, it is important to understand the characteristics of it. Marble classifies as a metamorphic rock which means it gets formed under extreme heat and pressure. This process forms the array of coloring, elegant veining and intricate patterns of the stone. While being aesthetically pleasing, marble is susceptible to scratches, staining and etching. To keep them looking as beautiful as day one, it is important to know how to clean and maintain them. First, here are some tips on cleaning your marble surfaces.
- Regular Cleaning: Using a soft cloth or mop to remove the dust and dirt is important as a first step. For routine cleaning, using mild dish soap along with warm water is enough to keep your marble surfaces looking at their best. Remember to rinse after the cleaning to remove any residue.
- Stain Removal: For harder stains, using a homemade poultice can work wonders. Simply mix baking soda and water to prepare a paste and gently apply it to the stained area. Let it sit for a couple of hours and then wipe it off. You will be pleasantly surprised to see those stains gone so easily.
- Polishing: Using special polishers to polish your marble surfaces will not only make them look amazing, but also makes them water resistant. Regular polishing can be applied with a soft cloth, buffing the surface with it. Remember to avoid over-polishing since it can lead into dull looks on your marble bathrooms.
- Grout Cleaning: Cleaning the grout lines can dramatically increase the longevity of your marble tiles. Using a soft-bristled brush along with a pH-neutral cleaners are going to be enough.
Now that you know more about cleaning your marble surfaces, let’s take a look into their maintenance.
- Sealing: All marble appliances are sealed during installation to protect them from stains and damage. It is important to reapply sealant to protect your marble bathroom surfaces. The resealing intervals should be about 6 months, depending on usage and exposure to stains and moisture. Remember to use right sealant specifically designed for marble surfaces.
- Avoid Acidic and Harsh Cleaners: Because of its nature, marble is sensitive to acidic and abrasive cleaners. Acidic substances can cause etching in your bathroom area, resulting in dull and lifeless looks. Always use pH-neutral cleaners or specialized marble cleaners to protect your marble surfaces.
- Stain Prevention: It is important to wipe away any spills as they happen. When left alone, these spills can seep into the stone; making them harder or impossible to clean.